Born: Sunday, October 25, 1931
- Director of Special Vehicle Development
- Disney Legend (2004)
- Designed unique vehicles and transportation and ride systems for Disneyland and Walt Disney World, including the Monorails, the original Matterhorn Bobsleds and the Autopia cars.
- Coined the term, ‘Omnimover’.
- Disneyland’s original Flying Saucers.
- Turn of the Century Main Street Vehicles.
- Mechanical workings of Disney’s first audio-animantronic figure, Abraham Lincoln.
- 1964 - 1965 New York World’s Fair Ford Motor Company ‘Magic Skyway’.
- Animated light spiders on the Jackson’s 1984 Victory Tour.
- 1984 Los Angeles Olympics Closing Ceremony UFO.
- Original King Kong Encounter at Universal Studios Tour.
- Jurassic Park T-Rex animated figure.
- Ursula creature figure in Triton’s Kingdom at Tokyo DisneySea.
Written by guest writer Q Gabriel – Smith.
Meet other legendary Imagineers in our "WDI Hall of Fame".